When you realize that you are an hour younger, you should smile and share your smile with as many folks as possible. The loss of an hour in the aging process only happens once a year and is reversed in the spring. Don't worry though, gaining an hour in the aging process is the equivalent of gaining wisdom.
Always believe that you are the perfect age and you will be. Age is only figment of your imagination and related to hair follicles. Gray hair is a crown of glory, baldness is a dome of heavenly reflection and a thick head of hair makes a hair stylist prosperous.
Plenty of people worry about their age. You don't need to worry because the older you get, the more you realize how much God loves you! Thank you for all you do for YWAP, we appreciate you. Jesus loves you and so do we!
The picture above was taken in the cafeteria at Buffalo's West Hertel Academy. YWAP is honored to be a part of the After School Program that combines literacy learning, with social/emotional learning and physical education through our BWAP Program - Basketball With A Purpose. At YWAP, we believe that all children are gifted and talented.
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose through a variety of activities.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: