"There's better days ahead."
Proverbs 22:17-21 The Message (MSG)
The Thirty Precepts of the Sages
Don’t Move Back the Boundary Lines
17-21 Listen carefully to my wisdom;
take to heart what I can teach you.
You’ll treasure its sweetness deep within;
you’ll give it bold expression in your speech.
To make sure your foundation is trust in God,
I’m laying it all out right now just for you.
I’m giving you thirty sterling principles--
tested guidelines to live by.
Believe me—these are truths that work,
and will keep you accountable
to those who sent you.
17 Listen (consent and submit) to the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge;
18 For it will be pleasant if you keep them in your mind [believing them]; your lips will be accustomed to [confessing] them.
19 So that your trust (belief, reliance, support, and confidence) may be in the Lord, I have made known these things to you today, even to you.
20 Have I not written to you [long ago] excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21 To make you know the certainty of the words of truth, that you may give a true answer to those who sent you?
Here is a brief description of my thoughts regarding the First Saying:
1. Listen and apply. When you learn something wise you need to live what you have learned. Practice what has been preached to you.
2. Honey in your heart is even sweeter on your lips. Speak the goodness within you. There is a sign in our Youth Center that says: "Positive words only are spoken, negative words make people feel broken." Speak honey boldly!
3. One of my favorite all time songs is: "Trust and Obey." Your first unconditional trust has to be with God. If you don't believe in God, ask Him to show Himself to you.I trust that He will. God never changes, He's rock solid always "Trust-able." Am I always "Trust-able?"
4. The history of well learned and time tested principles is here for your perusal. It's a choice to accept or reject. Wisdom is precious and is here for you freely. You are precious and God's love is freely given to you.
5. These truths are absolute. Your honesty in dealing with others should be absolutely rock solid. The words of your heart should be like a river of love that is honest and true.If you are not truthful with your neighbor, you are not truthful with God.
Thanks for your time. Go do something nice for somebody.
Jesus loves you and so do we.