A Lesson On Thoughts At Man Cave
Here are the notes from today's Lesson.
There are voices in our lives that can find their way into our heads if we let them.
- You must position yourself to hear from God.
- You must recognize His voice.
- You must know His vocabulary in the Bible.
- Satan or the devil will use his voice to destroy, deceive and discourage you.
- God’s voice will build you up, cheer you up and stir you up by bringing to the center of your mind the fruits of His Spirit that are within you.
What’s Lurking In The Halls of Your Mind?
Your thoughts have to listen when you speak. Speak positive life over negative thoughts.
Here is A Three Step Strategy Called “E-A-R” or "Embrace, Appraise Replace."
1. EMBRACE - A Strategy To Make Decisions Ahead of Time If you were in a room and someone yelled, "FIRE!" You would run! You already made the decision to run if there is ever a fire. Make the decision today that you will not allow negative thoughts to dwell in your mind. Martin Luther said, "Bad thoughts are like birds. They will land, but don't let them make a nest." A good habit to practice is using the Power of Christ's Blood over any enemy attack that comes your way. "I plead the Blood of Jesus over my thoughts." Evil was defeated and washed away by the Blood of Christ.
- I won’t allow negative thoughts in my mind.
- I will decide ahead of time how to deal with negative thoughts.
- I will saturate my mind with the truths of God's Word as a shield against the lies of the enemy.
2. APPRAISE -What Value Do Your Thoughts Carry?
- Your thoughts, where do they lead you - into the dark or into the Light?
- What are their effects on your mood and your decisions?
- Do they cause you to embrace Truth or lies?
- Do they Embolden you to create greater Christ-like peace in your relationships?
3. REPLACE BAD THOUGHTS with the Truth.
- Replace negativity with positivity.
- Positive thoughts only are spoken, negative thoughts make people feel broken.
“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5
“Whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.” Philippians 4:8
"As someone thinks within himself, so he is." Proverbs 23:7
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8
Thanks for your time. Go do something nice for somebody. Jesus loves you and so do we.
#ManCave #SRM #ywap4Christ #JLYASDW