Thank you for your interest in becoming a Speaker for Youth With A Purpose and our BWAP Program called 9MD (9 Minute Direction.) The Speaker Guidelines will give you a solid foundation from which you can plan your Nine Minute Life Direction. Upon completion of your Nine Minute Speech, you will become eligible for Induction into the BWAP 9MD Hall of Fame.
Who: Inner-city young men in their middle teens to their early 30's.
What: 9 Minute Message containing a positive Life Direction.
Where: Expressway Assembly 260 Eggert Road, Buff, NY
When: As per the BWAP Schedule and your availability.
Why: To help YWAP create good character role models for the next generation.
Your 9 minute speech will begin at approximately 8:15 pm. You will be timed, but you will be given the grace to finish after the bell. The young men eat dinner after your speech and hopefully will have questions for you. Our goal is to help the young men in the following areas:
- Prayer (It would be cool if you used a Bible verse as a bridge in your message.)
- Community Service
- Health & Welfare
- Personal Accountability
- All young men who participate in the BWAP (Basketball With A Purpose) program are asked to contribute a dollar upon their arrival, We ask you to do the same and give a dollar. We'd also ask you to go the extra mile and give a one dollar scholarship for any young guys who don't have a buck.
- You are welcome to play basketball if you think you can do so without getting hurt!
- Please bring a friend with you so they can witness the positive things happening at BWAP.
- We need you to give us a referral for another 9MD Speaker. Who do you know that has a message and a heart to share some compassion with guys affected by gang violence and poverty?
- We will have several luncheons throughout the year to invite folks to get involved in BWAP, if you are able to attend and bring several friends, which would be awesome.
- Pictures and a story about your 9MD will be posted on our website in the week following your 9MD. www.youthwithapurpose.org.
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT USE VULGARITY OR CURSE WORDS AT ANYTIME. (If we did, it would cause us to lose our "street cred.")
Jesus loves you and so do we.
We would appreciate it if you could become a YWAP Ambassador and spread the word about our unique programs. Feel free to copy and share the following information, Thank you.
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street, Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP or give through PayPal below.
Your generosity is tax deductible!