What you don't know about Richard is what you don't see unless you are in the room watching his servant heart. He can be found in the kitchen mixing drinks for the young men. He can be found in the dining room serving meals to the young men. He can also be found with a broom or a mop doing cleanup duty after the young men have been served dinner. Richard is a YWAP Volunteer Extraordinaire.
A Rubik's Cube presents a very challenging puzzle. and Richard used it to talk about God. He masterfully described numbers like quadrillion that most of us had never heard before. Richard used several Bible Verses along with his Rubik's Cube. The Bible breaks down the puzzle of life. 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," There are not a quadrillion ways to get to heaven!
Parables are stories that teach a lesson. All of these young men are very talented. Richard Ford used the Parable of the Talents to help them understand. Matthew 25:28 "So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents." We urge our BWAP guys to use all of their potential to achieve all that God meant for them to achieve. Thank you Richard for a great word.
Personal pizzas were the delicacy of the evening dinner. Many thanks to all the YWAP Volunteers; Wanda, Chris, Matt, Rodney, Ellen and Richard. We'd also like to thank Linda Kuebler for grocery shopping. Please continue to pray for Rev. Will Coplin as he continues healing from heart surgery. (Rumor has it that his heart is so big, the surgeons wanted a first hand look at a saints compassion!)
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose through a variety of activities.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: