When we called halftime at 8:09 pm, it did not take long for the large crowd to leave the gym and enter the dining room. We are always amazed at the great attitudes of the BWAP guys. They don't argue about putting the ball down for a couple of minutes. Sometimes they actually ask if it's time for the "Speech."
A few minutes into her 9MD (9 Minute Devotion or Life-Direction) it was easy to see that Christina had the guys by their heart-strings. As you look at the pictures below, take a good look at their eyes. You can tell by their eyes that the guys were listening with their hearts. Christina is a very accomplished young lady who is the same age as many of our BWAP guys (and ladies.) She captivated the crowd with her smile, energy and wisdom. Christina has a great story of perseverance, overcoming and healing. Last night she changed lives with the words of her life.
Powerful stories can change lives but there is something more important that Christina did. She continually built relationships with everyone she met from the minute she walked in until the minute she walked out. After her speech, Christina went into the gym and just hung out with the BWAPpers. She took pictures, exchanged smiles and even tried her hand at some basketball - even while still wearing heels! Christina thank you from the bottom of our BWAP hearts. We appreciate you. Jesus loves you and so do we!
We'll post more about Christina's message next week, but for now please enjoy a great collection of photos that tell the Christina Foster - BWAP Story.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: