When a boy found an egg in a barnyard, he thought it was a chicken egg so he put the egg with the chicken eggs. After the eggs hatched there were some chickens and an eagle. The chickens told the eagle that he was a chicken, so he acted like a chicken. An eagle flew overhead and then landed. He asked the young eagle why he wasn't flying. He said "I'm a chicken and chickens don't fly!"
After a few more questions the young eagle spread his wings and he hopped ten steps. He explained to the older eagle that this was how chickens got around. Strangely enough, the ten step chicken hop resembled guys walking ten steps, pulling up their sagging pants, walking ten more steps and pulling up their pants again. The old eagle eventually convinced the youngster to try and fly. He did fly.
Powerful wind currents lifted the young eagle higher and higher. He asked the old eagle why they had to fly so high. "We have to fly over the mountains of adversity, past the deserts of despair and through the valleys of mediocrity. You were made to soar!" You are an eagle who was made for greatness!
Thanks Tommy McClam for a great message. Young men in Buffalo are reaching for greatness because of your efforts. Jesus loves you and so do we. #JLYASDW.
On April 28, 2016, We will hold a BWAP Fundraiser Luncheon from 11am-1pm at City Reach Buffalo, 260 Eggert Road, Buffalo, NY. You'll hear from the young guys at BWAP what they think about BWAP. We will be starting a Foundation that will ensure the permanent sustainability of the YWAP Program. We are unique in many ways - God is doing new things everyday at YWAP.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: