"Training Mentors With Character.
Who Teach Children Leadership."
BWAP Dinner Sponsor Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in becoming a BWAP Dinner Sponsor. Young men's lives are being changed in a spectacular way at Basketball With A Purpose and we welcome your involvement as a BWAP Team Player. Your kindness is appreciated.
"for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink;
I was a stranger and you took Me in;" Matthew 25:35
Here is some brief information about our program and your involvement.
Who: Inner-city young men in their middle teens to their early 30's.
What: Purchase, prepare & serve a home style meal and form relationships with young men.
Where: Expressway Assembly 260 Eggert Road, Buffalo, NY
When: As per the BWAP Schedule and your availability.
Why: To help young men become good role models who disciple the next generation.
The Kitchen is a fairly modern kitchen with a large oven. We open the doors on Thursday evenings at 7pm. The young men play basketball until approximately 8:15 Pm. We then call Halftime and the guys are ushered into the Dining Room to hear a 9 Minute Life Direction called a 9MD. Every week we have a different speaker who gives some information and a character lesson. Hopefully they will bring a Bible verse but if they don't - WE WILL! If you need to arrive a little early, we will ask the church custodian if that's possible. Many times we will pre-cook the meals and heat them up although you are welcome to prepare the meal on site as time allows.
Our goal is to help the young men in the following areas:
- Community Service
- Health & Welfare
- Personal Accountability
- All young men in the BWAP (Basketball With A Purpose) program are asked to contribute a dollar upon their arrival, We ask you to do the same and give a dollar. We'd also ask you to go the extra mile and give a one dollar scholarship for any young guys who don't have a buck.
- Please bring a friend with you so they can witness the positive things happening at BWAP.
- We need you to give us a referral for another Dinner Sponsor. Who do you know that has a message and a heart to share some compassion with these young guys?
- We will have several luncheons throughout the year to invite folks to get involved in BWAP, if you are able to attend and bring several friends, which would be awesome.
- Pictures and a story about your BWAP Dinner Sponsorship will be posted on our website in the week following your act of kindness. www.youthwithapurpose.org.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. Thank you for caring enough to make a difference in a young guy's life. We appreciate you.
Jesus loves you and so do we.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street, Buffalo, NY 14204
Our online donation site can be found at: http://www.gofundme.com/w5p6ee4