Well-spoken and sincere, Kristy built an instant rapport with the young men. She began with a Bible verse that has become a kind of mantra for her life. Romans 8:28; "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Kristy told a story from her heart that demonstrated her belief in that Verse.
Any pain can be a beneficial conflict in a person's life when placed under the illumination of God's Word. Kristy openly shared a brutal relationship that has helped her to grow closer to God. She is a very accomplished young lady with a lot to be proud of. Being only 5 classes away from earning her Masters Degree. Kristy is on the move upward on the corporate ladder. She is currently assisting developmentally disabled folks get ready for employment and assisting them in finding and keeping jobs. We were honored to have Kristy share her wisdom with the BWAP guys and we are extremely proud of her. Jesus loves you Kristy and so do we!
Pizza and salad was our official BWAP meal after Kristy's 9 Minute Speech. Our meal was donated by Chris & Aubrey Hammond. The regularly scheduled meal was originally planned to be chili, but another one of our BWAP volunteers, Wanda Torres was in the hospital to be with her daughter who is about to have a child. We were short 3 BWAP volunteers on Thursday. Please continue to pray for Wanda's daughter and Rev. Will Coplin as he continues to recuperate from heart surgery.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP SPONSOR BWAP?
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose through a variety of activities.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: