Wall-to-wall is about the only way you could describe our overflowing crowd at BWAP. Rumor has it that Matt broke a backboard at the Ken-Bailey Community Center. (I'm kidding!) They closed the Center and some of the guys made their way down to Expressway. "Most people are offended too easily." Matt told the young men. He used some personal heart-breaking stories to help them identify with his message. Heart-farming is what you call Matt's relationship building technique. He gave some wisdom that will help the hearts of young men to grow.
Always looking for a free hand-out, the young men were treated to some free t-shirts from Matt. Each BWAP Speaker has brought some of their own uniqueness to a one-of-a-kind program. One of the Bible Verses that Matt used was James 3:16; "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." He told the young men about God, the devil and Jesus Christ. His message was powerful and gave the young men a lot to think about. That's what a great Teacher does; he gives the students something to chew on and form their own understanding. After his talk with the crowd, Matt stayed and formed deeper relationships. One young man in particular has a similar skill set to Matt. They will get together and Matt will share some more of his heart to help the young man grow. Thank you Matt Gould, you were awesome. Jesus loves you and so do we.
Plenty of folks have been visiting BWAP lately and last night was no exception. Two young ladies who are studying Social Work at the University of Buffalo came to learn and volunteer. Carrie Laudico and Chelsea Crane made use of their hands that seemed to be connected to their hearts as they served in the kitchen. They asked many questions and shared their hearts about their future plans. Thank you ladies, you made a special night shine even brighter!
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: