When Dr. Stan called and asked if he could do something different, we just smiled and said in grand basketball fashion; "Just Do It!" Dr. Stan is a medical doctor and he's also the former Director of the 40 Days For Life Campaign in Buffalo, NY. As a long time supporter of Youth With A Purpose, Dr. Stan has a heart for children on both sides of the womb. He hurts for the brokenhearted and cherishes each opportunity to act out God's love to hurting people. Dr. Stan's idea as our 9MD Speaker, was to serve the guys dessert as he gave them his Life Direction.
After the guys finished the regular meal, we personally served them Dr. Stan's Dessert of French Toast. All of the food was scrumptiously prepared by Dr. Stan and the YWAP Volunteers, Wanda, Ellen, Richard, Rodney and Mrs. Law. Dr. Stan read from the Bible and spoke about Isaiah. He then compared our lives to the making of French Toast. We are sometimes beaten like the eggs and burned in the oven of life, but God turns our beaten and burned lives into a finished product of French Toast. Dr. Stan gave the guys 2 great meals; physically and spiritually.
Prayer is a big part of our BWAP get-togetherness. Dr. Stan spoke of the need for guys to get together for fellowship and prayer. BWAP might be viewed as a short evening in a young person's life, but it really extends into an impact that's life-long. One of the young men asked about the 40 Days For Life Campaign. He expressed his opinion about abortion. He said that he didn't really believe in abortion except for when a baby would be raised by a mother who wasn't fit to be a parent. The answer is that all kids deserve the right to persevere through trials. The greatest people who have lived are the folks who have conquered the biggest trials.
Thanks Dr. Stan Bukowski for sharing your heart. You planted spiritual seeds that will shape the character of young men who will disciple the next generation. Jesus loves you and so do we. #JLYASDW
YWAP needs your help.
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose through a variety of activities.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: