We actually had a doubleheader with 2 Life Direction Speakers. Pastor Doug Sukhia from the Armor Bible Church joined us as a special visitor. He gave the young men an opening dose of wisdom before Rev. Will took over for 9 minutes.
Armor Bible Church is one of our new supporters spiritually and we look forward to collaborating with them. BWAP is on the move helping young men create their own "life milestones." Rev. Will announced that in February we will begin teaching the "BWAP Game Plan for Greatness." The Game Plan will help young men to become prepared as mentors to the younger generation. The curriculum is based on leadership lessons from the Bible and the mentoring portion comes from the book, "Mentorology - Volume One, Building Your Mentorship."
Preparation is the key in getting inner-city young men 18-30 yrs. old ready to mentor the younger guys. Rev. Will is fond of telling the guys that they are destined for greatness. BWAP is preparing them to become mentors who guide young guys toward greatness as they build their way out of poverty and violence..
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN BWAP?
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: