When a Pastor visits BWAP, we know he will bring some Good News! Pastor Demeris Johnson knows all about athletic competition. He played Professional Football with the Buffalo Bills. As an inner-city Pastor he knows the struggles of young men. He's compassionate and innovative, that's what Buffalo needs!
Anybody is welcome to join us as a volunteer at BWAP. You're also welcome to join us if you are 18-30 yrs. old and want to play some ball or just hear some good life direction. We always serve a delicious home-style meal!
Please spread the word about what's happening at BWAP. Inner-city young men are on the move in a positive direction. What's your purpose in life?
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN BWAP?
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: