BWAP XXXIV is scheduled for tomorrow night and the results could be more powerful than any blizzard to ever hit the City of Good Neighbors. Young men (and some ladies too!) between the ages of 18-30 converge on City Reach Buffalo to play same ball, listen to a 9 Minute Life Direction Speaker and enjoy a home style meal. Thursday marks the night that could break the Los Angeles Lakers all time unbeaten streak of 33 straight.
Will the BWAP streak ever end? If you haven't been following the exploits of BWAP in Buffalo, you may not be aware of one of the most spectacular programs ever to hit the neighborhoods of Buffalo. Witnesses have said that BWAP is unique, one-of-a-kind and it doesn't happen anywhere else.
Another reason that makes BWAP so special is the events that happen on other days of the week. There are Bible studies, birthday celebrations, job preparedness and many other kinds of one on one mentoring. This week the BWAP Director, Rev. Will Coplin is our 9MD Speaker.
Plenty of guys know Rev. Will as Grandpa. That's only because he has been mentoring - fathering many of the young men for over 35 years. Rev. Will Coplin was formerly with Urban Christian Ministries before becoming the BWAP Director. He's a Foster Dad, mentor, friend, Director, Teacher and a man of God. If you ask a young guy if Will loves him, he will give you an answer that's says yes with a mile long list of examples of that love.
Jesus loves you Will and so do we.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: