When BWAP comes into a gym, the Holy Spirit is there to play some ball! We invite inner-city young men 18-30 yrs. old to play ball, listen to life speakers, eat a good meal and form life-long relationships. We try and make every aspect of BWAP reflect the character principles taught by Jesus. God has been building the BWAP foundation in Buffalo and we believe that BWAP can cause the same life transformation all over America and the world.
After playing ball for about an hour and a half, on a typical BWAP night, we call halftime. The players listen to a 9 minute halftime speech we call the 9MD. It's a 9 minute life direction or a 9 minute devotion. Each week a different guest speaker visits the BWAP Campus. After the 9 minutes, the guys (and sometimes ladies too) eat a home-style meal. They are free to form a deeper relationship with the speaker or other BWAP Life Coaches. The night of basketball opens the door to other BWAP nights that include a Leadership Through the Bible Study called; "Game Plan for Greatness."
Perhaps you have been looking for a way to bring more young people into your church or community organization. Why not Bring them in With A Purpose. BWAP is like a micro-church, God is at the center of all we do in small things that make a great big impact. There are many ways to spell BWAP. Are you ready to take the character of Christ to young men and Bring-it With A Purpose? Call us, BWAP is changing the lives of young men and women in a forever kind of way. 716-830-8240.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: