Why is BWAP XXXX a historical event? It's the fortieth week that lives will be changed. Did you know that John Elmore once received an award from Business First called the "FORTY UNDER FORTY AWARD." You can read more about John at: http://www.uncrownedcommunitybuilders.com/person/john-v-elmore
A lot of young men under the age of forty would love to be more like John in terms of his achievements and desire to help others achieve success. Tonight, there will be approximately forty young men under the age of forty at BWAP listening to John Elmore speak for nine minutes. This is the second time in the history of BWAP that John has graciously consented to spend time with inner-city young men between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old.
Thanks John, Jesus loves you and so do we.
Plenty of other historical events are associated with the number forty. Moses spent 40 years in the desert, "40 Winks" is a short nap, and "40 Acres and a Mule," was an act by the government that provided land for former slaves. It was a fantastic idea. Sadly, the successor to Abraham Lincoln - Andrew Johnson rescinded the Act. You can read more about it here: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-americans-many-rivers-to-cross/history/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule/
Tonight at BWAP XXXX, history will be made through the changed lives of about forty young men under forty by a man who's been honored as a Community Builder who was a member of Forty Under Forty.
Do you have a purpose in life? Would you like to join a one-of-a-kind ministry? Anyone is free to visit BWAP on Thursday evenings at 260 Eggert Road or call us.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN BWAP?
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: