When the class fills with students, her focus automatically becomes one with the hearts of her students. She greets them warmly and expectantly. It is possible to be warm hearted and yet be stern in doing what's in the best interests of a student.
After they settle in to their seats, the students start to mirror the expectations of Mrs. Franke. They're eager to learn and share their questions. They also display a willingness to share problems and insecurities. That's where the true learning begins - with transparency and openness.
Planting seeds in the hearts of her students is something that sets Mrs. Franke apart from many Teachers. She holds their hearts in her hands and gives them a safe place to learn. Thanks Mrs. Franke for all you do for young folks. We appreciate you!
The students had many questions as they listened to the YWAP Director share stories from the streets of Buffalo and the wisdom gained from those experiences. "Embrace struggle as the way to grow," was the message of the day. The students took turns with the YWAP Camera and the pictures you see were taken through the eyes of students.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody. JLYASDW
There are many ways to become a team member at Youth With A Purpose through a variety of activities.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: