When we visit a classroom, whether it's grade school, high school or college, we find that students are eager to listen and learn. From many years of experience forming relationships with young people in Buffalo, we have seen the brokenness of abuse, drug use, gang violence and death in Buffalo neighborhoods. That brokenness can be turned into wisdom
Any presentation with students who want to learn about drugs always includes curiosity - they want to know why people do things. Emptiness and fear are two of the main reasons people pursue the adrenaline rush of drugs. After many years of forming relationships with young people, we believe we know the antidote for destructive behaviors. It's called unconditional love. We hold people accountable and urge them to accelerate their own personal accountability. We are persevering in our commitment to demonstrating unconditional love through our actions.
Pam does a great job as a Teacher exposing her students to real life knowledge, She cares for each of her students individually and they treat her with respect. Good teachers like Pam open doors of opportunity to allow students to chew the nuggets of education presented to them as they formulate their own understanding and wisdom. Thanks Pam for allowing us to once again share the YWAP wisdom with your students. Jesus loves you and so do we.
On April 28, 2016, We will hold a BWAP Fundraiser Luncheon from 11am-1pm at City Reach Buffalo, 260 Eggert Road, Buffalo, NY. You'll hear from the young guys at BWAP what they think about BWAP. We will be starting a Foundation that will ensure the permanent sustainability of the YWAP Program. We are unique in many ways - God is doing new things everyday at YWAP.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: