Compassion Ministries in Northern Arizona conducts servanthood beyond church walls, reaching folks who may never enter church doors. Outreach ministry is more than community service. It's about building relationships and getting personally involved in people's lives.
Service projects have value, but people need to be our priority. Combining both service and relationship building requires commitment and duplication. We can't be a "one and done" ministry. Discipleship doesn't happen without relationship. We have to earn the right to speak into people's lives.
If you're a church or ministry with a hunger for outreach, let's talk collaboration. We invite individuals or teams to walk alongside us beyond church walls. We can also provide Outreach Mentoring for folks desiring to learn more about going the extra mile outside of their comfort zone. Working together we do more to reach more.
Here's a glimpse into our current servanthood activities:
- "Grill & A Prayer" - Free lunch, clothing, toys, books, Bibles and Prayer on the 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month.
- "LightBreak" - Flagstaff Shelter Outreach with dinner, clothing and friendship building.
- "Overflow" - Hope Cottage Women's Shelter with dinner, clothing and friendship building.
- NAOMI House - Monthly outreach at a Safe Home for Navajo children. We bring a bounce house, provide lunch and play games. We have a blast with squirt guns and water balloons! We will do service projects as needed. We are scheduled on the last Saturday of every month.
- The Father's Fish Camp - Boys from NAOMI and other families camp for a weekend and go fishing. We have teaching times and talk about the Father's Love.
- Compassion Care Kits are delivered to group homes where folks with handi-capabilities live through a collaboration with Quality Connections.
- Compassion Care Kits are available to anybody who needs one. Just call the Compassion Hotline at:
- The Compassion Food Service Volunteers provide community meal services for a wide variety of venues including church functions, volunteer projects, neighborhood groups and tent revival gatherings.
- Coming in 2023 is a conference on Outreach & Human Trafficking. We need to train outreach volunteers how to identify and offer assistance to victims of human trafficking in all its forms. We'll assemble a group of experts who will help us become better equipped to battle against the evil abusing and victimizing innocent children and vulnerable adults in our neighborhoods. Whether you're involved in outreach or not, you'll benefit from knowing how to become a soldier in the war against traffickers. This will be a conference for everyone from all walks of life.