"I look forward to a year of learning, sharing, and growing together."
Walking into Mrs. Young's Class is like walking into a celebration of positive knowledge. The walls (and windows!) are covered with wisdom and encouragement. The walls almost speak out loud; "If you seek knowledge you will find knowledge!"
A room of full of students who are encouraged to ask questions must be the goal of veteran Teachers like Mrs. Young. Each class came ready to go as deep as they could go into whatever subject we covered. Behavior, respect and happiness are great combinations to see in a classroom.
Pearls are made when an oyster is irritant and turns that irritant into a beautiful jewel. The YWAP Director urges the young people to embrace all of the hard times and irritating ways that are normal in life as a means of growing stronger and more knowledgeable. They are off to a good start in life at LaSalle Prep. Mrs. Young was kind enough to add to our collection of props by gifting us with an imitation oyster. Thanks Mrs. Young we appreciate you!
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Bills Night Out Team-Player.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: