PRUNING, CUTTING OR LETTING GO - WHAT SEASON ARE YOU IN?
When is God Pruning? When is God Cutting Away and When Does God Want You To Let Go?
- Pruning is a washing process; we are washed in the power of the Word. Pruning causes growth in what is already useful.
- Cutting puts asunder or separates us from what is destructive or wasteful.
- Letting go is surrender - a sign of unity within the New Covenant. Holiness is unity in the heart as the laws in stone become embedded in a heart of flesh.
- Pruning a church member will result in greater growth for the kingdom.
- Cutting a divisive church member will protect those who are teachable.
- How do you know who to cut from your life?
- Anyone who is unteachable is unreachable.
- Anyone who is divisive is incisive (one who verbally cuts.)
- Surrendering your whole heart that has already accepted God's law (OC) will create unity with the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus who is the Mediator of the New Covenant.
- Keep track of the coming prosperity for the purpose of expressing gratitude and casting the testimony.
- What is prosperity?
- Prosperity is any increase that can be pruned into a greater unity.
- What is Gratitude?
- Gratitude is unceasing thankfulness. Be grateful in all things.
- What is Testimony?
- Testimony is a lifestyle that precedes your words. Your words have been pre-seeded in the garden of your actions.
DAY 18 WORD
The Vine and the Branches
15 1-3 “I am the Real Vine and my Father is the Farmer. He cuts off every branch of me that doesn’t bear grapes. And every branch that is grape-bearing he prunes back so it will bear even more. You are already pruned back by the message I have spoken.
4 “Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me.
5-8 “I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.
9-10 “I’ve loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you’ll remain intimately at home in my love. That’s what I’ve done—kept my Father’s commands and made myself at home in his love.
11-15 “I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father.
+16 “You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.
17 “But remember the root command: Love one another.
DAY 18 PRAYER
when You wanted me to let go.
Forgive me for my disobedience.
It's a pride issue;
I don't let go because I think I know better.
Maybe I think I'm indispensable.
The cemeteries of the world are full of folks
who've been replaced.
Help me God to surrender completely.
Create in me an obedient heart.
A heart that answers when You call.
Teach me when You want to prune or cut things in my life.
Let Your will be done.
In Jesus name.
DAY 18 DEEP THOUGHTS
- Have you ever done a "Third Day" study?
- If you have an old journal, go back and look at your prayers. How many have been answered?
- Do you know when to let go?
- Is there any pruning going on in your life right now?