We don't give up on guys and try to stay in contact by letting them know how much God loves them.
A good way to have some impact is holding a long distance Bible Study on the Jail Cell Phone.
Plenty of young men find time alone with God in a prison to be place of new-birth.
Last week (10-28-17) our Study was about a courageous lady named Abigail who was married to a fool (Nabal.) She was used by God to stop a King from making a bad mistake of revenge through anger. The Story can be found in 1 Samuel 25.
1. Trust God
2. Don't React in Anger - Take a Breath and pray.
3. Jesus Can Be Found in any story in the Bible.
a. Abigail took her Husband's guilt on her shoulders.
b. Abigail came humbly on a donkey.
c. Abigail came seeking forgiveness from the King.
d. Abigail spoke prophetically and submitted to God's plan for her life.
This week's Bible Study (11-4-17) was from John 3:1-21.
1. Religion cannot save you. Nicodemus was a good religious leader.
2. Some things are better off done in private.
3. Being "Born Again" is surrendering your flesh and being immersed into the death and resurrection of Jesus.
4. Some knowledge is worldly and born of our own thoughts. Some knowledge is heavenly and given to us by the Holy Spirit.
5. The Bible is full of prophecies or foretelling's of who Jesus was, how he would come and how he would die.
a. The Son of Man must be lifted up. Jesus was lifted up on a cross.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16
Our Bible Studies continue as we schedule them. We'll keep you posted. Call us if you have questions. Each month we spend about $25 to be able to accept Inmate Calls. If you would like to help sponsor a Jail Cell Phone Bible Study, you can send a check to YWAP, 157 Locust St. Buff. NY 14204 or donate below. Thank you.