WHO ARE YOU?
Growing up in our family gave me a great childhood. Sure, we had some family trials, but I knew I was loved and cared for. Once or twice a year during the holidays, I would go visit my deceased Dad's parents who were the Grandparents who had my previous last name. They would tell me a little bit about my Dad, but not much. Over the years I learned more about him from my Aunts and Uncles. Death wasn't something that my Grandparents wanted to remember.
Most kids I knew only had one family, but I had two. Actually I had more than that. When my Mom was born, her mother died giving birth to her. Mom's Dad blamed her for his wife dying and disowned my Mom. She was raised by an Aunt and Uncle who became my Grandparents. I saw my Mom's Dad only once so I barely knew him. My friends seem to identify with their parents and grandparents. That didn't work for me.
With all the billions of people born onto the world, am I just like a drop of water in the ocean or a fallen leaf on a forest floor? Who am I? Is there even a purpose for my life? Years went by and I drifted like a leaf in the ocean. Trying to find my identity in my work, as a father and as a husband. It wasn't until I found my identity in Christ that I knew who I was.
The search for self-fulfillment was exhausting and fruitless. What would it take to truly feel happy, worthy
and valued? It wasn't until I found my way back to God that I found out who I am. Humanity has a limit physically and spiritually. Studying how Christ gave up His life to serve and save other people was a long process. Life is not about me, but I must be about helping others know Life.
Water droplets will disappear. Leaves will fall and fade away. Humanity will perish and return to dust. The Spirit of God remains forever. Who am I? I am born of the Spirit. I am a sinner who's received the Spirit of Christ through repentance. I am walking flesh living in the Spirit of God. I am a worshipper in Spirit and in Truth.
DAY THREE WORD
John 3:5 Good News Translation
“I am telling you the truth,” replied Jesus, “that no one can enter the Kingdom of God
without being born of water and the Spirit.
Acts 2:38 International Children’s Bible "Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Galatians 5:25 Amplified Bible
“If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage—our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit].” John 6:63 Good News Translation
"What gives life is God's Spirit; human power is of no use at all.
The words I have spoken to you bring God's life-giving Spirit.
John 4:24 Amplified Bible
“God is spirit [the Source of life, yet invisible to mankind],
and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
DAY THREE PRAYER
God I thank You for the freedom to be me - in You. Patience is what You've given me as I demanded my own way and did my own thing. Life in you has boundaries that give me greater freedom Than I ever knew. I walk with You in Spirit and in Truth. You have my heart, I'm "all-in" for Your. Amen.
DAY THREE DEEP THOUGHTS
- Have you ever asked God to reveal Himself to you?
- What does surrender mean for you? It's okay to be uncomfortable. Be honest with God.
- Have you forgiven anyone lately? Has anyone forgiven you?
- The Holy Spirit is a gift from God to those who accept Christ.
- Is the purpose of life to give it away as a gift so that others might know love and forgiveness?
- Drops of water and leaves are part of God's life cycle on earth. In a sense they reflect the death, decay and rebirth into the newness of Christ.
- In the stillness of winter, a leafless tree looks dead. Jesus died on a tree.
- The spring brings buds of new life, Jesus was resurrected.
- The summer brings a harvest. Jesus spoke of the spiritual harvest of souls in the world waiting for laborers.
- The fall brings death and decay. The body of Christ was taken down from a tree and laid in a tomb.