WE ALL ESCAPE FROM SOMETHING
The painting above was beautifully painted by a visionary artist named Amelia Caballero. I've never spoken to her about the painting so I don't have any insight into her thoughts as she brushed the canvas. I let the eyes of my spirit (prayerfully) admire and soak in the painting, let me share with you some heart-thoughts from that experience.
- Freedom released and bondage remains.
- Relief drains and tension rises.
- Camouflage collaborates with honesty revealed.
- Memories remain a yoke or chain.
- An encaptivating door remains open and inviting bondage to return.
- "I know where I've been. I know where I can go, but I'm scared."
- The Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
- Imperfection - accepted, yet still a restraint.
- Maturity slowly moving against bad memories.
- An announcement of new understanding.
- A demure (reserved) celebration.
- Boldness restrained.
Freedom from self is only found when we give God a greater place in our hearts. It's not enough to want just the attributes of Christ, we have to want Him. Freedom is found in knowing Christ through a personal relationship. Sin happens when we chase our own selfish desires and separate ourselves from God. If you haven't had the life changing experience of becoming free in Christ, today would be a good day to know Him.
DAY 16 WORD
Stay where you were when God called your name. Were you a slave? Slavery is no roadblock to obeying and believing. I don’t mean you’re stuck and can’t leave. If you have a chance at freedom, go ahead and take it. I’m simply trying to point out that under your new Master you’re going to experience a marvelous freedom you would never have dreamed of. On the other hand, if you were free when Christ called you, you’ll experience a delightful “enslavement to God” you would never have dreamed of.
1 Corinthians 7:20-22 MSG
But now, as God’s loving servants, you live in joyous freedom from the power of sin. So consider the benefits you now enjoy—you are brought deeper into the experience of true holiness that ends with eternal life!
Romans 6:22 TPT
DAY 16 PRAYER
Thank You God for our freedom in Christ. Sometimes it seems like the world has cast us in to a lions den. We're captive and threatened by those who don't believe in You. The world removes Your ancient boundary lines and removes Your commandments. Help us to stay strong and free in You as the world tries to enslave us. We praise you for Your compassion, grace and mercy.
In Jesus name.
DAY 16 DEEP THOUGHTS
REPENT, RESTORE & REPEAT
- Repent means to realize your sinful separation from God while initiating a life-change. Change your mind and change your habits. "Peter replied, “Repent and return to God, and each one of you must be baptized in the name of Jesus, the Anointed One, to have your sins removed. Then you may take hold of the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38 TPT
- Jesus came to Restore our right relationship with God. "For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16 AMP
- Repeat your commitment to Christ everyday. That's a good battle plan against sin. It's not enough to say your a friend of God today and forget about Him or never speak to Him any other day. "For God still has ordained a day for us to enter into called “Today.” For it was long afterwards that God repeated it in David’s words, “If only today you would listen to his voice and do not harden your hearts!” Hebrews 4:7 TPT