When the guys from Lake View and Buffalo get together at Buffalo's Downtown Library, something special happens. Former Lake View neighbors Jim Healy and Bob Kuebler joined Rev. Will Coplin for a heart-storming session this morning. History is being made in a spectacular fashion. Updating the YWAP Business Plan is a process requiring lots of diligent prayer and planning. Future success is based upon the wisdom gained from past failures and successes.
After many years of forming relationships with inner-city young people, we've recognized some successful strategies along the way. Young men are retiring from gang life and becoming mentors to youngsters. It's prevention at it's highest level.
Prevention of at-risk behavior is a purposeful endeavor. At YWAP, we purposely weave the cross sections of a child's life together. Blending character, academics, social/emotional learning with exercise is a wrap-around style of prevention and education. If we can help older guys become coaches who guide the younger guys into a healthy lifestyle - we call that success!
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: