When we help them understand that they are worthy of love, the chances of them engaging in self-destructive behavior is minimized. Drug addiction, alcoholism, gang violence and mental illness are primary causes of homelessness. A large degree of homelessness can be avoided if we are able to help them build their character.
Answers to poverty and violence do not come quickly in Buffalo, New York. For too many years the City has been ranked among America's leaders in poverty and violence. At YWAP, we help 18-30 yr. old's become good character role models who guide the next generation as they learn how to build their way out of poverty and violence.
Purpose in life is something that everyone desires to have. If you are looking for purpose in your life, please consider joining YWAP as a volunteer or a supporter.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN BWAP?
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: