When you come in contact with anybody, it would be a good idea to form a new habit. Look them in the eyes, hold up two fingers (a peace sign,) smile and say, "It's good to see ya!" If you do that it will leave a lasting impression. Many young people do not feel respected by older folks. Can you spare a few seconds to smile and speak five words that can change a life?
All we are asking you to do is form a new habit that will only take a few seconds. Yes, if you come in contact with many people it will take a lot of your time. Can you walk and talk? We are only asking you to multi-task with a few waves of your hands, a few waves of your tongue and a few smiles.
Please consider taking a few seconds to smile and wave at everyone you meet - especially young people. You will not lose any time in your day, in fact your day just might seem more pleasant with all of the smiling you will do! A few seconds is all it takes to make someone feel respected. A few seconds will begin to build into a minute as positive relationships are built and the world becomes a better place because you took a few seconds to smile and wave.
Thanks for your time. Go smile and wave at somebody. #JLYASDW
On April 28, 2016, We will hold a BWAP Fundraiser Luncheon from 11am-1pm at City Reach Buffalo, 260 Eggert Road, Buffalo, NY. You'll hear from the young guys at BWAP what they think about BWAP. We will be starting a Foundation that will ensure the permanent sustainability of the YWAP Program. We are unique in many ways - God is doing new things everyday at YWAP.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: