When killing becomes normal and jail time is described as a vacation, and ladies are reduced to sexual objects, and fatherless children are the norm; something has to change. BWAP is a program that works to teach young men about respecting themselves and their community. We are growing slowly and we could use some more help.
A great way to help is to get involved. The picture above shows Pastor Charles McCarley using some experiential teaching with a group of BWAP young men. They are all linked together, back to back and arm in arm. If only one or two try and stand up, it's almost impossible. If they all agree to stand up together, the strength of their unity allows them all to take a stand together. Pastor McCarley gave a great answer to the problem plaguing our inner-city young people.
Perhaps you've thought of getting involved but you don't know how or maybe you might not feel called to be involved with inner-city young people - THAT'S OKAY! The most important thing you can do is pray. Please pray for the BWAP program to enlarge its territory in the hearts of young men in Buffalo and other cities. We teach them about Jesus. They learn about Jesus leadership. They become leadership teachers to the next generation. The big picture is one where murder is unacceptable by their peers. As role models who tell the young guys that killing is unacceptable, they send a message to young kids that speaks about neighborly love. They will speak respect for women. They will stay in school. They will stay out of gangs. They will take fatherhood as an honor and raise a child with integrity. It's time to spread the word that killing is not acceptable. Love is acceptable.
Thanks for your time.
Jesus loves you and so do we..
On April 28, 2016, We will hold a BWAP Fundraiser Luncheon from 11am-1pm at City Reach Buffalo, 260 Eggert Road, Buffalo, NY. You'll hear from the young guys at BWAP what they think about BWAP. We will be starting a Foundation that will ensure the permanent sustainability of the YWAP Program. We are unique in many ways - God is doing new things everyday at YWAP.
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at: