Yawning is not something you will find in Mrs. Young's Class at LaSalle Prep in Niagara Falls. Mary Pat Young is a Teacher with a knack for sensing the emotional state of her students. YWAP had the privilege of visiting LaSalle Prep on Friday, January 22, 2016.
Warming would be a good way to describe her presence and demeanor as the students enter her classroom. She has a way of saying hello with a smile in the midst of giving information - that's rare!
Always in tune to the moods of her students, order is maintained in a friendly manner. The young people were prepared in advance of the YWAP Director's arrival. They were told about a guy named Bob who had rubber chickens!
Plenty of laughter filled the class as the rubber chickens flew as fast as the stories. We talked about embracing life's struggles. "You are destined for greatness, if you will only believe in yourself!"
YWAP would like to give a big heartfelt thank you to Mrs. Young and the students at LaSalle Prep!
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN BWAP?
1. ADOPT A BWAP DINNER - Each Thursday Night at Expressway Assembly we serve a Meal for BWAP. This is an excellent way for your church, youth group or community group to serve some young men from the inner-city. You bring the food and use our kitchen to prepare the food. Our numbers vary between 20 - 40 people each Thursday night.
2. BWAP Adoption - For only $5 per week, you can sponsor a young person from the inner-city between the ages of 18-30 yrs. old. For every $5, a young guy gets over 2 hrs of physical exercise through basketball, a 9MD (9 Minute Life Direction) and a home-style meal. We are a mentoring organization and everything we do is designed to create a more beneficial relationship. We help guys with their education, employment, community service, safe place to live and a relationship with God. Some guys also receive transportation to and from BWAP.
3. 9MD Speaker - If you have some wisdom to pass along to young guys then we would be happy to discuss how you might do that. You would come on a Thursday night and speak for 9 minutes. After your 9 minutes are up, you are welcome to form relationships with the guys as they eat an awesome meal.
1. Media Newscaster
2. 9MD Speaker Coordinator
3. Kitchen Coordinator
4. After School Coaches
7. Good Neighbor Philanthropy.
8. Grill & A Prayer Volunteer.
Thanks for your time. Go and do something nice for somebody.
Youth With A Purpose Inc.
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
We do appreciate and need your financial help.
You can write a check to YWAP, we are a non-profit 501c3.
Our online BWAP donation site may be found at:
| || |
YWAP Director Bob Kuebler.